Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Saturday 27 February 2016

A busy last few days, as usual.  Full of fun times, sad times and productive times.
 But on the whole, good times.
On Sunday, my keyboard/case for the ipad was delivered.  Mr Cooper and I admired it, then put it back in its packaging, for we felt we needed a child to help us with the next step.... bluetooth connection!  So I did what I know I am able to do, and arranged the washed china on the dresser.



Then we went swimming, I completed 24 lengths, always a struggle to swim on a Sunday. Afterwards we sat in the jacuzzi, which was not such a struggle.  I said that I thought I would aim to swim 3 times a week, once to do a half mile, then to do three quarters, then finally a mile.  "Why don't you swim for a mile each time?" asked son John.  I mumbled something about 'variety,' and Mr Cooper added 'time factor' and the conversation was shelved.  But when I was swimming away and thinking about this later in the week, I knew the real reason, which is that it would require greater effort to do that. And as I swam I thought that really, I should just 'keep buggering on' with swimming as with working, painting, writing and life in general, and just put the work in!
Cue swimming image.


One warm, moonlit night in Kefalonia, Mr Cooper and I were looking at the action of the moonlight on the waves, and we both saw an army of people, who were Greek Gods from throughout their history, walking through the water, and then swimming across the moonlit path to the other side, when they emerged to continue to walk. (This is a true story, and no mind-altering drugs were involved.  I started a series of sketches the following day, then based a series of work on that night, when I returned to England.)  If you love this image, all are for sale, contact the artist!

On Monday I met Sonia to discuss the forthcoming workshops which are textiles based, with memories as the theme.  I am excited about this project, and as it is so much in its infancy, we both are not quite sure which way it is going to grow.  Which is, as always with anything in its infancy, part of the excitement.  I will be working with women who have arrived fairly recently from Bangladesh, so the emphasis will also be on visual explanations, more than on verbal.  I am looking forward to showing you some of the results.

Also on Monday, connection was made between my ipad, and the keyboard!  I was so thrilled at this, but apparently if you are younger, it is a commonplace occurrence that you don't get excited about!
Then off to my volunteering session at Trinity in Winchester.  As I sat there in the group, creating a page of imaginative doodles and happenings, I said "What a treat to be having an afternoon of art, right at the start of the week."

All official now!  And if you look closely, I am wearing my dinosaur necklace.


On Tuesday I was thinking about my New Years resolutions*, and armed with my ipad plus keyboard (still thrilled) I decided to stop asking everyone under the age of 30 to explain instagram, but to download it, then work it all out later.  When I told Sam that I had successfully completed this task on my own, he turned his head slowly to look at me, with an expression on his face as if he was seeing a creature emerge form a primordial swamp. (On the other hand, Mr Cooper was dead impressed that I had done all that on my own!  That's another plus about marriage to Mr Cooper, I am regarded as the IT genius of the partnership!)

And, thinking again about my resolutions on Wednesday, I swam my first ever 48 lengths (one mile) , then returned to arrange a little more clutter tastefully around the kitchen.


Then Mr Cooper and I had a good discussion about 'feelings' and how it was necessary to sometimes talk about them, especially if you are female and an artist and then we were both happy again.

Thursday, back to washing up, and all the fun of sharing a kitchen with 3 chefs.  There was a strong commentary running through the day, which I am not able to share with you, or indeed many other people! It is never dull, usually entertaining, and I always get to eat the most delicious salad. (Thanks Jordan)
When in Stockbridge, I usually give Hybernia some grass to nibble on.  John assured me that she loves apples, so here is Hybernia studiously ignoring her apple treat.  This photo does not reveal her true size.  When you look at the apple, it is a largish one. 



Having mentioned both of my sons this week, I will show you my 'found' painting; one which I started many years ago, when the boys were as young as they are in the painting.  John used to say to me that he would take a star from the sky and put it in my pocket, so I would always have shining starlight with me.
When I have finished painting walls and ceilings, I shall gladly return to complete it.



This morning, Friday morning, I have returned from swimming my second mile ever (KBO)**
Yesterday I was listing in my head all the things I needed to do, and at the end of that I was saying a little frantically 'But when can I write my blog?'  This morning, probably around length 22, I thought that the more important things in my life should take priority, and not be 'brushed aside' to make way for constant decorating (slight pun there).  So after swimming, I went to have my eyebrows refreshed, then on to buy 2 more tins of paint. As I walked towards the eyebrow refreshing shop, I passed between some scaffolding.  The sun was shining, and the scaffolding had a coloured protective layer around it, the effect was really most uplifting.  Much better than grey!



When I got home I put the paint tins onto the side, and went upstairs with a cup of tea to write this blog, then later a trip out with Mr Cooper to spend some time alone with him.  Going out is always good, as you are not visually bombarded with unfinished jobs to be done.
Selling the house is important, but ignoring friends and followers is ridiculous.  And how better to start my weekend by writing to you all, then having some quality time with Mr Cooper.

I hope you all have a week ahead that will be, on the whole, good.
See you all in a week's time!

*  Improve my understanding and use of technology and swim 1 mile regularly.
** Keep Buggering On!

No comments:

Post a Comment