Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Saturday 29 November 2014

More food images are arriving, and recipes are coming closer (honest)

Continuing my story…..


After painting for a while to combine cookery images and cookery book illustrations, I got really excited with the idea of also using lino-printing techniques.

Again I was working to combine my food images with illustrations not only from the past, but my past.  'Good Housekeeping's Cookery Compendium, 1952' was the start of my fascination with kitsch cookery book photography since the age of 7.

So I  produced a series of coloured lino-printed food designs with copies of old illustrations as backgrounds.

Another great thing about my linoprints is that not only are they fun but you can have a one off piece of original art-work for  less of the price of one of my paintings.


A time begins when madeleines, cupcakes, porkpies and meringues were being created in my studio.

I had a lot of fun with this idea, and great productivity . Several of you who are reading this will have my lino food prints adorning a kitchen wall.  A whole herd of them went to a beautiful tea-room in Devon.


Back to the present, and back to my studio.……
 Just going there now as I am packing two paintings for the selection committee at the Cloudhopper Gallery,  http://www.cloudhoppergallery.co.uk/,   to see if they will wanted in their  Christmas exhibition.

Here is one of the paintings, will let you know how I get on.






More next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment