Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Friday 13 February 2015

The snowdrops are out in my garden now, lovely to see signs of new life and growth in this very cold month.  Lovely also to see a Battenberg cake flying heavenwards!


Earlier this week I went to the Cloudhopper Gallery, to collect my paintings that didn't sell in their 'Affordable art' exhibition.
Amongst them was 'How does Your Garden Taste?' Still a bargain, still for sale!


This was inspired by my early childhood reading material, where magic lands accessed by flying chairs had food-producing vegetation!
How amazing indeed it would be to have cake and tart producing shrubs and bushes growing in your very own garden.
Well, stay reading because this does happen in my garden, right at the bottom of it.


My next 'Cloudhopper' event will be to participate in their 'Wearable Art' fashion show, an event I featured in last year.  http://www.cloudhoppergallery.co.uk/#!events
  This year I will be taking again to the catwalk, which was such fun.  with so many people looking at you, and what you are wearing, clapping and taking photos, it was really rather like getting married!


In the meantime, with Mr Cooper laid low again, I am looking forward to a weekend in my studio, and not in the pub. Sad in one way, productive in another.

 Hope you are feeling better now, Juliette, I missed you at work on Thursday.

So here is 'Cinderella' as you saw here last time,


……...and here she is on Friday the 13th.




Jam tarts have arrived on the bush, having 'grown' on it, at the bottom of my garden.
Next time you see her, the chair will hopefully have coloured wings, and cats on it too.

Some of the next 3 days will also be spent  with my sons.  With Sam in the kitchen at Woodfire all day Saturday, (Sam with the skills, me washing up and weighing).
And with John in a cold garden on Monday, helping to pollard an Ash, (John with the skills and chainsaw, me with the hand saw and stacking duties).

Such is life.  See you next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment