Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Friday 20 March 2015

Good news to start the week.  My work was accepted by the Oxmarket, for their 'Awakenings' exhibition.  All framed now, and ready to go. http://oxmarket.com/


Here it is.  'Awakening Conscience….. Is That All?'

And then also a lovely surprise.  Rachael,  Mr Cooper's eldest beautiful daughter, sent me a wonderful bunch of orchids from her and Ben, hoping I have an enjoyable Mother's Day.

Thank you both, and Banjo. They are so exotically beautiful.



I had another less happy 'Awakening' on Mother's Day. As it was not raining, and  the soil was dry enough to work, I needed to start reclaiming the garden: starting with the vegetable patch.
After 2 hours digging, I was able to plant the broad beans. Hurrah, just what I wanted to do on Mother's Day.

Then off for my swimming practise.  As learning to swim properly has been a significant feature of this year, it has also formed a part of my 'Jigsaw' drawing, and last week I completed that section.



Swimming technically correctly was the first challenge, but after my promotion to the next group, I have to practise regularly to build up my stamina whilst remaining technically correct!

I do have a non-conventional family life.  One wonderful aspect of this is how wide, varied, fluid and creative my family life is.  Another aspect is that some conventions are not always followed.

Sam had sent me a present that was 'off the chain' for Mother's Day', but sadly it still hadn't arrived byMother's Day.  Now he is worried that I am looking forward to it too much, and will be disappointed.  (He may well be right, I got so excited when a parcel arrived yesterday, but it was only  equipment for Mr Cooper's next skiing break.)

I rang the boys, to ask them to call me. I spoke to John on the phone later on, who was involved with gathering the tools he needed for his new job; assisting in the building of a Saxon long house.  This is to be traditionally built from scratch with Saxon tools. Starting with felling the trees. ( The Saxons didn't have saws)
My Mother's Day message, as I had left a message for him to ring me, was 'Are You Alright, What Is Wrong?'
Sam had just finished a busy session, and had had enough of Mother's Day by then.

After swimming, Mr Cooper took me out for a drink, as I was feeling sad in a conventional sort of way.  Whilst out, I planned and discussed 2 more sections of the 'jigsaw' picture.  These may or may not have to remain under wraps, because of their controversial content.  Will keep you posted.

As I am running a workshop this Saturday, (looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, Diane and Jan) there has been a lot of Studio tidying this week, and also in preparation for the 'Open Studios Art Trail'. (Like Christmas, each year I vow to never leave it to the last minute, but it never happens)



We have been asked already to supply details of the work we are submitting for the pre-trail exhibition at the Oxmarket. http://oxmarket.com/chichester-open-studios-art-trail
But as yet, mine are not only incomplete, they haven't completely left being the thought processes of my mind!  I am thinking of painting a 60s cake which features on it a fairy ring with a snail.  It will have boats with rice paper sails whizzing around it for background.  We certainly had a lot of fun in that decade!


Here is one idea for it, all I need to do now is to start it, and have it finished by April 13th.

 This is as well as completing' Cinderella', and my 'Jigsaw' drawing, and starting another major drawing entitled 'Shelf Life' which will be one of two for the National open Art Competition. http://www.thenationalopenartcompetition.com/how-to-enter.php

And all before May, when the garden is also to be reclaimed, planted and beautiful.

During which time, I also need to spend some time working for actual money.

I think if I painted my life just at this moment, it would be called
 'Awakening conscience…..This Feels Like Too Much!……….But Fundamentally Good!'

Or perhaps,    'A Little Frayed Around The Edges'


No comments:

Post a Comment