Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Friday 15 May 2015

A fair exchange took place, following the Chichester Art Trail.  Following a warmer weekend, my stocks of knitted cakes were eaten into!



After 101 visitors, and sales of cards, cakes (knitted) and trays, I exchanged my takings in a shoe shop for these wonderful creations.  Here they are, pictured with a not so full cake stand.




And, with a fantastic wedding, and also a glamour show to plan for, Vintage Vogue patterns have been chosen and should be arriving very soon.

Going back to the Art Trail, following the success of 'Awakening Conscience' (or Steamo, as it now affectionately known as) I created a sister ink drawing to go alongside, for The Trail.

Pictured below is 'Deepening Conscience, Ironing Away My Dreams'.




When my son Sam saw this, he remarked that 'That should really cheer people up'.
I think in my studio, lots of work did cheer people up, after they had recovered from the onslaught of colour, but I can say that 'Steamo' and its companion were really well looked at, and discussed.
 Just not quite sold!

My most important work was 'Pieces From My Life Last Year'.



Last time I showed you this, I said that I was just off to do some swimming, as featured in the bottom left hand of the picture.  Or rather, in my head I said that, but I wrote 'bottom right'. Thanks to Juliette, my lovely friend belonging to the exclusive 'Young At Heart' club, for telling me.

Those of you who know me as a driver will be very familiar with the fact that I do know what is my left and right, but they do seem so very interchangeable.  A condition shared by my hugely talented, tremendously fit,  amazingly successful and lovely big bro, Simon Haslam.
 http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%2Fsimon_haslam&h=vAQHy1G2I
(Don't feel sad Mark, your slot is on the horizon! I am doing this in order of age.  As Mum says, there are no favourites!)

So today, I have returned from an early swim, an activity which started last year when I learnt to swim properly for the first time ever, and remains with me this year.  As shown on the bottom left of the image.

I try to take my phoenix swimming 3 times a week. We always wonder why we are doing it during the first length, want to get out after the third, but at the moment carry on till the tenth. I will let you know when this distance increases.  A sad thing about being eligible for the 'Young At Heart' club means that I am no longer eligible for the 'Young In Body' club.  It's now a lot harder work.

As for the bottom right, the person featured who is wearing the jeans is now so proficient with the sewing machine he is now making his own jeans, to go with all the shirts he has made!

Another picture that made its first appearance at the Art Trail, although not quite complete, was my painting of the 'Meringue Toadstool Cake'.  Here it is at a slightly jaunty angle.



Exciting news for the future………as I near completion on my 'Cinderella' painting, I stopped as something wasn't right for me, with it.  One good thing about eleven hour days at the sink, working as a K.P in the Greyhound on the Test, Stockbridge, is that it gives my mind a lot of time to wander around, reviewing current images and planning future ones.
'Cinderella' will keep many aspects of her 'Barbie' appearance, but will go on to lose many aspects of a Barbie image.  Does that make sense?

So here is your last view of flawless 'Cinderella' as additions are to be made.  Things that will give 'Cinderella' more of my traits, and an amazing shoe, but will leave the flawless face.
Not one of my traits, sadly!



Have a lovely weekend, I hope to be back with Cinderella next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment