Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Monday 22 June 2015

Just taking a break away from painting, to write my blog.

What looked to be a relatively straightforward week became crazier than a coconut………

There was I, calmly drawing the Owslebury Show sign, then equally calmly painting it thinking I was working to the agreed timescale.  After an email check, I discovered that the show's hosts would like it ready a week sooner if possible.  At a squeeze, I thought, if I start to paint it like a woman possessed.
And also, if life this week treats me kind.

Mr Cooper has a voucher for lunch with a free bottle of wine at the Gribble Inn, and he had a day off from school on Wednesday.  Before the new timescale on Wednesday I was swimming at 7am, working for Joyce in the morning, enjoying a slightly liquid lunch, then emerging for bookclub at 8pm.

Then Joyce rings to ask whether I could do some weeding, as well as housework, as her gardener mows lawns but isn't really what you'd call a gardener.  This would extend my hours on Wednesday and perhaps add some on Friday too.  Answer yes, but my new plan then is, swim at 7 am, work for Joyce 10-1, paint furiously 1.30-6.30, eat soup, attend bookclub, then in bed ready for a 6 am start for a day at the Greyhound.  And goodbye to my slightly liquid lunch!

Plus, a phone call on Tuesday says it is our turn to do the cricket teas on Sunday.  So, add to this the production of a variety of cakes…..but none with pink or sparkly icing.  The cricketers tend not to eat them, as pink is not a manly colour, and as for sparkles……...

So Wednesday morning early swimming, in the medium lane……..it was great practising my stroke in slow motion, and the words 'doing the crawl' took on a whole new meaning, as that was also the speed I was going.  Let's just say that on a Wednesday morning at the pool, I am not only a member of the 'Young at Heart' club, but also the 'Young in Body' club too!

Sunday 15th June, liberation day for the Falkland Islands.  Our local very kindly flew our flag for this event, as Sarah, Mr Cooper's youngest beautiful daughter, lives in the Falklands with her fiance, Ali.


Wednesday evening saw me attending a very exclusive book club.  There had been a mix up somewhere along the line, which resulted in only Diane and myself discussing the book, whilst eating freshly made onion rings, courtesy of Keith, and lots of cheese.  All in all, although not what we expected, the evening was most enjoyable.



The book is definitely worth reading, but with tissues nearby.

I was very tired at work on Thursday, as a few days of painting at every available opportunity made me feel that I was definitely in the 'Young at Heart Not Body' club.  But when I got back from work after midnight, there was good news…Cricket was cancelled, so no baking, no sandwich making, and I had my Sunday back.

Early Saturday morning saw me entering the shed……………


 and leaving it 5 hours later.

Then repeat on Sunday, but this time when I left the shed, I had finished the board!
www.owsleburyhorticulturalshow.co.uk/

Whilst I had been occupied, Mr Cooper had been opening his father's day cards and gifts.
I rather think he did more opening than Mr Hofman would have been doing!


 And to round off a Sunday that just kept getting better, we were able to enjoy our first vegetables this year, from the garden.


So, two commissions completed, and another really interesting one just round the corner.  You will have to join me next week, to find out about that one.
 In the meantime, I hope you all have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment