Green Donkey Cookery Book

Green Donkey Cookery Book
The start of the adventure

Monday 12 January 2015

I am so close now to starting some proper art work.  My 2 creative projects are to start the illustrations for the Hedgehog Cake, and to start consolidating my ideas for the drawing I will submit for the Jerwood Drawing Prize.  It would not be a proper year without going to Wimbledon to deliver my drawing, and then returning the following week to pick up my rejected drawing.

Last week I created a 3D work of art.  In the absence of Mr Cooper (skiing, French Alps), I spent a couple of days removing all the crap that has accumulated during the year from under and around our bed, and then restoring it back to a lovely place to be.  Even my Dr Marten collection is now shiny.


The good news is that Mr Cooper is thrilled.  He can also sort out the crap in his own time, as it is now under, around and on top of another bed!

The Cloudhopper Gallery, www.cloudhoppergallery.co.uk/‎, are running their first exhibition of the year, the 'Affordable Art Exhibition'.  this runs from the 13th January to the 7th February.
I took four paintings over on Friday to the selection committee.


Pictured above is 'How does your Garden Grow'.  All the artwork for sale is at a reduced price, so a really good place to pick up an art bargain.

The sister painting to the above is also there, I will let you know if any of the four are selected.


'How does your Garden Taste'

I think reading 'The Magic Faraway Tree' and 'The Wishing Chair' when I was young has influenced my life and art.  I have had to accept the fact that I will never be Silky the fairy.  Oh well, must also crack on with the painting of me as Cinderella!



No comments:

Post a Comment